As a part of USA Rugby, Rugby NorCal adheres to USA Rugby's Safe Sport Policies and Procedures.
The U.S. Center for SafeSport is an independent nonprofit committed to ending all forms of abuse in sport. This includes bullying, harassment, hazing, physical abuse, emotional abuse, and sexual misconduct and abuse. The Center is the first and only national organization of its kind. The Center provides services to sport entities on abuse prevention techniques, policies and programs and provides a safe, professional and confidential place for individuals to report sexual abuse within sport.
USA Rugby says
"The safety of its members is of paramount importance to USA Rugby. USA Rugby has Zero Tolerance for abuse and misconduct. This includes not only on-pitch safety, but also off-pitch safety in any part of USA Rugby’s programs. USA Rugby is committed to creating safe and fun environments for its members."
Additionally, the USA Rugby Safe Sport Policy states...
This SafeSport Program Handbook includes the various policies adopted by USA Rugby that apply to:
- All USA Rugby staff, interns and contractors
- Certified coaches and officials
- USA Rugby Board members
- USA Rugby operational and governance committee members
- Registered members of USA Rugby
- USA Rugby training and education certification workforce
- Contracted medical personnel at USA Rugby sanctioned events
- Contracted medical personnel relating to USA Rugby national teams
- Volunteers acting on behalf of the USA Rugby at USA Rugby sanctioned events
- Volunteers acting on behalf of USA Rugby in conjunction with national teams
- Other individuals that USA Rugby formally approves or appoints on an ad hoc or interim basis to a position of authority over or who has frequent contact with minor athletes
For Information on the USA Rugby Safe Sport Reporting, Training, Handbook, and more please visit: