How To Start A New Club
Want to Start a rugby club in your area. Whether it is a single team, a multi divisional club, a school or community program, Rugby NorCal is happy to help you get up and running.
What You Will Need:
- A level 200 certified coach for each team you will have. (Click here for certification info)
- A referee (all clubs are required to help recruit and develop new referees so we can ensure we have a sustainable pool of refs.)
- A referee coordinator
- A field to practice on
- Players! (How will you recruit, how will you ensure your club is sustainable year after year?
Budget and Fees. Things you will need to pay for include:
- Athletic Trainer for all home games
- Field usage/lights (if applicable)
- Annual club registration dues of $160
- Player registration fees (vary depending on age)
Resources that Rugby NorCal provides:
- Club start up kit: includes balls, ball bag, water bottle and water carrier, pennies
- Administrative support: our Operations Manager is always available to assist you with any questions you may have.
- Referees: RNC pays referee fees and does our best to assure that a certified referee is assigned to all league games.
All new teams/clubs must apply to be a part of Rugby NorCal. Please email Rugby NorCal Executive Director, Louis Stanfill at email@example.com with answers to the questions below:
- Why do you want to start a rugby team?
- Where are you located/where will you practice?
- What division(s) will your team/club have? (i.e. U8, U10, U12, boys/girls middle school, boys/girls high school)
- Who will coach?
- Do you have someone who can get certified as a referee?
- Who will be your team/club admin?
- Will this be a school affiliated team or a community club?
- What kind of support do you have either from a school or community members, parents, businesses, etc.?
- Do you have a budget/Where will you receive funding from?
- How will you market your club and recruit players?/where will you recruit players from?
- Please provide any other relevant information you would like to share.
Once you have submitted your application to Lou Stanfill, he will review the application with the Rugby NorCal board and get back to you in a timely manner with an answer. Feel free to call our office before or after submitting your application if you have questions. You can reach us at 707-693-8803